Let’s take a moment in your week to broaden your musical horizons, listen and be inspired.
Check out the video below for this weeks suggestion – Missed last weeks? See the links at the bottom.
This week’s #justlisten is:
Dinah performed by Louis Armstrong
This choice was inspired by a choir member when having a drink after last night’s rehearsal! I love a bit of Louis Armstrong and we have been exploring scat singing quite a lot in our repertoire of late…
Not come across this song before? Not heard of the performer? Then just listen (and maybe check out some of the other music from the musical as well).
- Previous Just Listens include:
- All of me performed by Highland Vocal Jazz
- Loch Lomond by Peter Hollend
- You can’t stop the beat – Hairspray
- Jules Buckley and The Heritage Orchestra – Billie Jean
- The Wailing’ Jenny’s – Long Time Traveller.
- The Swingles – Showreel
- Loren Allred – “Never Enough” – Greatest Showman
- Barber Shop – Main Street – Pop Songs Medley
- Pentatonix – “O Come All Ye Faithful”
- The Spirituals Choir – “Hark the Herald”
- Alfie Boe – “Bring Him Home”
- The Tenors – “Best of Our Lives”
- Frozen2 Cast – “Some Things Never Change”
- Celine Dion “It’s all coming back to me now”
- Annual National Sacred Harp Singing Convention “I’m coming home”
- Bob Marley “One Love”
- Aretha Franklin “Climbing Higher Mountains”
- The Roches “Hammond Song”
- BYU Vocal Point “Amazing Grace”
- Pentatonix “Evolution of Music”
- Trey McLaughlin and SOZ “Friends Medley”
- Tollington Gospel Choir “All Around”