In our opinion Music itself is intrinsically valuable to everyone and brings a great deal of joy to all.
Musical Miniatures (0-5yrs) lays great foundations for learning and provides an excellent start for your child’s musical development. Much of the musical learning in Musical Miniatures is subconscious, as children develop their sense of pitch (how high or low a note is), pulse (the beat), tempo (how fast or slow the music is), dynamics (how loud or soft the music is) and rhythm.
Musical Giants (4-7yrs) offers more concious musical learning, with the focus on the voice and body as the vehicle for learning making developing musical skills a whole body experience. Developing their singing voices and cementing a strong understanding of pulse, rhythm, metre and pitch.
For all ages, music is also a fantastic vehicle for learning, our activities don’t only focus on the development of musical skills, but will also support:
- Developments in speech,
- The ability to focus and listen,
- Physical development (physical coordination, spatial awareness, balance skills, gross motor and loco motor skills)
- Numeracy skills
- Language development (imitating sounds they hear – increased vocabulary e.g. numbers, colours, Days of the week, months of the year).
- Social Interaction skills – learning to share and take turns.
- The building of confidence.
Leytonstone Voices (Adult community choir) is a very relaxed and joyful choir where we offer a range of learning opportunities through our varied methods of teaching. Be it using sheet music, learning by rote or using word sheets there is a challenge for everyone. Most of our material is in three parts, and covers a range of genres. I also spend time supporting members to develop their range, understanding of the mechanics of the voice, diction, timbre and the importance of warming up!