In our opinion Music itself is intrinsically valuable to everyone and brings a great deal of joy to babies and children. Much of the musical learning in Musical Miniatures is subconscious, as children develop their sense of pitch (how high or low a note is), pulse (the beat), tempo (how fast or slow the music is), dynamics (how loud or soft the music is) and rhythm.
Music is also a fantastic vehicle for learning, and Musical Miniatures activities don’t only focus on the development of musical skills, but will also support:
- Developments in speech,
- The ability to focus and listen,
- Physical development (physical coordination, spatial awareness, balance skills, gross motor and loco motor skills)
- Numeracy skills
- Language development (imitating sounds they hear – increased vocabulary e.g. numbers, colours, Days of the week, months of the year).
- Social Interaction skills – learning to share and take turns.
- The building of confidence.
Musical Miniatures lays great foundations for learning and provides an excellent start for your child’s musical development. Now children are able to continue their Musical learning with us by signing up to one of our Musical Giants class.
Much of the content of both Musical Miniatures and Musical Giants classes follows Nicola Burke’s ‘Musical Development Matters in the Early Years’, and touches upon concepts that are developed fully in the Early Years Foundation Scheme (EYFS)