At Musical Miniatures, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and we aim to be transparent about the data we collect from you and how we use it.
As of 22nd March 2021
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By signing up online for a class or our newsletter, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. The data controller and nominated representative is Jenny Milway, email@example.com
- Our organisation
Musical Miniatures provides weekly music sessions with their parents or carers and an Online Music Education resource featuring weekly pre-recorded music sessions.
If you subscribe to receive our newsletter, you’ll receive a monthly email about booking dates, information about our classes and other special events, and we currently operate our newsletter through Mailchimp. Your email addresses will not be provided to any third parties.
If you have signed up for a class but not signed up for the newsletter, we will only contact you if there is information specifically about your class or attendance, such as cancellation, venue changes or other important details.
2. Information we collect from you
Depending on the reason for your interaction with us, we may collect different sorts of information from you. The information we collect from you is predominately done through a third party data processor using www.bookwhen.com, in person or through email. Our third party data processors are compliant with current data protection laws. We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Your child’s name and age
- Your name, email address and telephone numbers
- Health data and information – if relevant to how we can best support your child in a class.
- Your postcode
- Permissions for photographs to be shared
All payment information is processed securely by either Paypal or Stripe – Musical Miniatures does not hold or have access to your full payment information.
3. Why we collect information from you
We collect this information in order to be able to fulfil our contractual duties. All information about parents/carers and children that we collect or receive, whether of a personal or technical nature, may be used by us in the following ways:
- To notify you about changes to our services
- To administer the groups and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us
- To learn about our audience so that we can plan classes best suited to the local audiences and improve the experience at Musical Miniatures
- To comply with Health & Safety and Safeguarding requirements
- To notify you of occasional events/articles etc that may be of interest
- We will not sell, rent, trade or distribute your personal information to third parties without your express consent.
4. Sharing your information
We will only share your information if:
- We are legally required to do so, e.g. by a law enforcement agency legitimately exercising a power or if compelled by an order of the Court;
- We believe it is necessary to protect or defend our rights, property or the personal safety of our group members or visitors to our groups or websites;
- We have a concern re safeguarding and need to contact other agencies to ensure the safety/wellbeing of you and/or your child.
- You have given your explicit consent for photos and/or videos to be shared in specific ways
5. Storing your personal information
We store information on a password-protected Personal Computer and mobile phone, and our password protected booking site.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data across the internet is not completely secure, and whilst we do our best to try to protect the security of your information we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur whilst data is being transferred.
6. Your rights
Data Protection legislation gives you certain rights over your data and how we use it. These include:
You are in control of your personal information. Under certain circumstances you have the right to:
- Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you
- Ask us to correct information that’s wrong, to delete it or to request that we only use it for certain purposes.
- Request that we provide your personal information to you or another organisation in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Object to us processing your personal information based on our legitimate interests.
- Change your mind and ask us to stop using your information, for example, unsubscribing from any marketing emails. Please be aware that if you ask us to stop using your information we may not be able to provide certain services to you.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please email us at Jenny@musicalminiatures.co.uk
7. What we don’t do with your information
We never sell or share your information to other organisations to use for their own purposes. We do not use screening or profiling techniques to target you with fundraising appeals.
9. Other important information
Nimble Tots operates a Facebook, Instagram and Twitter page. This policy does not cover how the providers of these pages will use your information. Please ensure you read Facebook, Instagram and Twitter’s own privacy policies before sharing data, and make use of the privacy settings and reporting mechanisms to control how your data is used.
If you have any questions about this policy or how we use data please email us.